Starting February 10, just in time for Valentine’s Day, Nintendo will stocking the retail shelves with the new Pearl Pink 3DS. Previously only available as part of a limited edition bundle, this Pearl Pink 3DS can now be had as a stand alone for $169.99.
Nintendo News: Pink Nintendo 3DS System to Make Sweethearts Swoon Starting Feb. 10
NOTE: Multimedia available here
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo of America has a perfectly pink new option for consumers looking to win over their loved ones this Valentine’s Day. Starting Feb. 10, a Pearl Pink edition of the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system – previously available only as part of a limited-edition bundle – will be available as a stand-alone item at retailers nationwide, offered at a suggested retail price of $169.99.
In addition to free Wi-Fi access at thousands of locations across the nation, fun augmented-reality features and the ability to enjoy games and videos in 3D without the need for special glasses, Nintendo 3DS has a host of built-in social features that can keep users connected to their special someone throughout the year, plus a great lineup of games (sold separately) that lovebirds can enjoy together:
- With the system’s built-in camera, sweethearts can each use their system to capture and share 3D photos and videos of romantic outings this Valentine’s Day – and always.
- The new Swapnote™ application, which is available for download from the Nintendo eShop at no cost, lets users create and send customized 3D love notes to their sweethearts from their Nintendo 3DS.
- The adorable virtual pets in the nintendogs™ + cats game can bring out players’ sweet side and make great portable companions on those lonely days when they’re apart.
- Users can share creative passion with their beloved by playing downloadable games such as Pushmo™ and Freakyforms™: Your Creations, Alive!, both available from the Nintendo eShop, and by exchanging QR codes to show off their heartfelt handiwork.
- The multiplayer modes in the Mario Kart™ 7 game invite players to get their hearts and their karts racing on a wild array of 3D Mario-themed courses.
For more information about Nintendo 3DS, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.